3.27.2012

Just explain this to me one more time

So the Supreme Court is taking up the health care laws.  The debate is whether or not the Federal government can tell us to buy health insurance or not.  Apparently, people have a problem with the Federal government telling us what to do.  I have a problem with this, and I’ll put this in big letters to emphasize my point:

 

WHY ARE PEOPLE COMPLAINING ABOUT MANDATORY HEALTH INSURANCE WHEN STATES MANDATE WE HAVE TO BUY CAR INSURANCE?

 

I find it asinine that the same people complaining about the Federal government telling us to buy health insurance likely have no problem with their state forcing them to buy auto insurance.  I’m not too sure since I’m not a homeowner, but I think home insurance is also mandated by some states.  Of course some people could make the argument that you don’t HAVE to own a car or a home, therefore can dodge buying auto/home insurance.  That’s fine and dandy, but these days you need an automobile of some sort, and once you own one, then by God you have to buy insurance for it.  You have to spend money that you don’t really want to spend on something you might not necessarily want to have, or else you get fines and/or jail time and/or your driving privileges revoked by the government.

 

So I’m just gonna say this to say it:  if the SCOTUS scraps the health care law, then mandatory auto coverage should be scrapped as well.  And I will test this theory by organizing online with as many people as I can to drop their auto coverage, and if the states have anything to say about it, point to whatever ruling the Supreme Court makes as precedent for insurance coverage not being required.

 

Rant over.

No comments: