11.20.2007

Yikes!

So I'll be cooking a turkey for the first time this year. And I discovered that I was supposed to take the thing out to thaw last night! But, I can get it thawed out in cold water in five hours. Obviously not the absolute safest method, but it'll have to do. And then there's the matter of basting the thing, cooking it right, etc. I'm using the internet to figure out how to do this. I'm cooking it for some friends, so I want to get it as close to perfect as I can. So I'll be spending most of my Turkey Day in the kitchen. I'm also debating on how many biscuits I need to cook... yes, I plan on cooking a bit of food. I'm even going to cook up some mac & cheese, since I have plenty to cook that is just sitting on my shelf. As my microwave doesn't work, it is foolish to cook an entire pot of that and not be able to reheat it. But this way, it won't go to waste.

No comments: